My congratulations to all of you for your great entries again this week. I know it's not easy to fit this into your busy schedules, yet you continue to come up with really amazing, creative projects.
Since this challenge starts on Independence Day and this is always a really busy time, I decided to keep this week's challenge simple.....at least I think it's simpler than what I really wanted to do. (You'll see that next time.)
1. The theme is Stars Over America.
2. You can use red, white and blue, but must include at least 1 other color. NO, you do NOT have to use red, white and blue.
3. Something new this week...I have created a Project QUILTING WIP Group on Flickr:
This group has been created so you can post your Project QUILTING WIPs (Work in Progress) mid-week to get feedback from the public. This gives you an opportunity to get some 'Tim Gunn-like' advice to help you proceed. This is completely optional. The judges will not be looking at these until after they have completed their score sheets.
Hope this helps!
4. POST your entries with a description of your creative process, including where you are (ie, I create in Madison, WI)and the size of your project by Sunday, July 11, at noon, CDT, to this flickr group – Project QUILTING with KimsCraftyApple: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1401824@N21/ OR email a picture/description of your completed project to email@example.com with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line.
5. If this is the first Project Quilting challenge you've participated in, please email Kim at firstname.lastname@example.org with PROJECT QUILTING in the subject line so that Kim can send you feedback from the judges and keep you updated on the behind the scenes going-ons.
PRIZES TO BE WON!
The winner of the JUDGES Vote will receive 4 fat quarters (their choice) from FabricAlaCarte AND a $10 gift certificate from the FatQuarterShop!
The winner of the PUBLIC Vote will receive a pattern with instructions for the complete 'Maggie' doll, hair and clothing from Carolee Creations - SewSweet Dolls AND a $10 gift certificate from the FatQuarterShop!
A RANDOMLY Drawn Participant will win a pattern for Barb's Where's the Point Quilt and second drawn participant will win the pattern for Diane's Prairie Star Quilt.
Don't forget! Everyone that enters can decide if they want their name entered in a drawing for $50 off the 2010 Quilts by Barb Quilt - Papercraft - Scrapbooking Getaway Weekend!
Now, Kim is going to quickly summarize all the amazing prizes for the Season 1 of Project Quilting GRAND PRIZE Package:
FatQuarterShop - $50 Gift Certificate
FabricsNQuilts - $50 Gift Certificate
FabricFascination – Bali Pop
TessaAnn – A Set of Handmade Buttons
FabricAlaCarte - $20 Gift Certificate and copy of the book ‘ROLLING Along’ by Nancy Martin
StashedCache – Spider Web Quilt Starter Kit
QuiltsbyBarb - $30 Gift Certificate to Long Arm QUILTING and a potentially 8 chances to be entered into a drawing for $50 off the 2010 QuiltsbyBarb Quilt Retreat Weekend.
Kim & Diane – A selection of original patterns and yardage of hand-dyed fabric
This prize package is OVER TWO-HUNDRED DOLLARS worth of amazing items! I can’t wait to see what happens this season! Thanks to all these great sponsors for their generosity and support!
I have also begun to put together a RANDOM prize package for the end of the season. These are all awards that will be chosen (out of a hat, first Cedi will pick, then Capri and repeat - as shown here:http://kimscraftyapple.blogspot.com/2010/05/project-quilting-rectangle-winners.html) Every time you complete a challenge for Project Quilting your name will be entered in the drawing for RANDOM prizes (this will exclude the Grand Prize Winner as he/or she will already have AMAZING things!)
Sponsors for the Random Prizes:
Karol from FabricCandy is donating a set of Five Fat Quarters of the Ava Rose Collection.
RainbowFabrics is Donating $25 to her etsy shop.
Thanks to ALL Sponsors for Project QUILTING for your generosity and support!
Good luck with this weeks challenge!
It's Time to Think Outside the Square!