Happy Thursday everyone! Can you believe we’re already to block 12? Those that are following along I’m sure are seeing how awesome their quilt is going to look in the end. Before we get to the 12th block I want to introduce you to our block designer, Heather Jones of Olive and Ollie. She was gracious enough to fill out a little interview for you all.
What is your crafting style?
Modern: clean lines, bold use of color (although I love muted colors too!), simple construction. No fuss, no muss. :)
How did you get started creating?
I’ve always been crafty. I remember making those string pot holders as a child and I took pottery classes when I was about 8 or 9. I began to paint and draw a lot in high school, and then I majored in Art History in college. My creativity took a back seat for a few years, but I really got back into it when I was pregnant with my first child. He’s now 5 ½ and I haven’t stopped.
My favorite quilt to date is probably my quilt that I call Ohio Supernova. It’s my modern spin on an Ohio Star quilt pattern and I’m just finishing up the pattern for it. The quilt was made as part of an exhibit of works by members of the Cincinnati Modern Quilt Guild that will be on display at the International Quilt Festival in Cincinnati next month. Since the design was so simple, I knew I wanted the quilting to really shine, so I asked the amazing Angela Walters to do her magic on it. And she sure did! I really love how dramatic the end result is just by exaggerating the scale of the block so that it takes up the majority of the quilt front!
What is your favorite crafty blog to follow/read?
Oh, that’s a tough one. I really don’t have a lot of times these days to read a lot of blogs! But I love to check in on my bloggy friends as often as possible!
· Which part of the creating process does you like the most?
I love designing in my sketchbook. I always try to keep one in my purse because you never know when inspiration will strike!
· Favorite Movie: I don’t really have a favorite movie! I love lots of them though, and some of my favorites are The Wizard of Oz, ET, 16 Candles, Pretty in Pink, The Breakfast Club, and Mary Poppins.
· Beverage of Choice: Fresh brewed, unsweeted ice tea.
· Sweet or Salty? Depends on the day.
And what you’ve all been waiting for – Block 12!
Click HERE to go to Olive & Ollie’s website for instructions on how to create the next fabulous block in our quilt!
Don’t forget to add your picture to the flickr group once it’s complete: http://www.flickr.com/groups/1850682@N20/
Previous Home Sweet Home Blocks:
- Block 1: My Home
- Block 2: Lapacek’s Orchard
- Block 3: House by the Bay
- Block 4: My Tilted House
- Block 5: Two Trees
- Block 6: Tree of Life
- Block 7: Under the Moreton Bay Fig
- Block 8: A Wonky Modern House
- Block 9: Scrappy Trees
- Block 10: A Home For the Birds
- Block 11: The Happy Tree
- BONUS Block – accuquilt home
Stay in touch with Heather by following her in online endeavors:
· Blog: http://www.oliveandollie.com/
· Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OliveAndOllie
· Flickr Group: http://www.flickr.com/photos/olive_and_ollie/
· Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/oliveandollie
· Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/oliveandollie
· Email email@example.com