What is your favorite thing about Quilt Alongs?
The best part of quilt-alongs for me is learning from others. I think we all have something to teach to someone else and I enjoy learning how others put together a particular quilt block.
When you look at your quilts - what color do you seem to use the most of?
Every quilt is different and I don’t find I use a particular colour most often. Lately, most of my quilts are really scrappy and I use a solid to tie the scrappy goodness all together. I do think every quilt can benefit from a bit of yellow, red or orange. Black and white are always classic.
When you look at your fabric stash - what color do you seem to have the most of?
Aside from black and white, I really don’t have a dominant colour in my stash. I can tell you what’s missing: yellow, orange and red! I’m pretty much out of all three of my favourite bling colours.
What other quilt alongs are you participating in in 2013?
Due to a very busy schedule, I’m not participating in much this year. I will be designing a Spring-themed paper pieced block for Soma’s Spring Fling quilt-along starting next month. I’m also planning to host a level 2 beginner’s quilt-along this summer.
Apples or oranges?
Both, but oranges can upset my stomach, so apples are usually what I’ll grab first, if there are no bananas.
I need a favourite number? Hmmm, no idea! How about 6 … definitely NOT 13!
Be sure to follow along on Michele’s adventures online:
- Quilting Gallery - http://quiltinggallery.com/
- Mishka’s Playground - http://mishkasplayground.com/
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Quilting.Bloggers
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/MishkaOttawa
- Pinterest - http://pinterest.com/mishkaottawa/
And now it’s time – I won’t make you wait any longer.
Michele’s favorite block is the
To find out how to make these wonderful blocks check out Michele’s blog post HERE!
Make sure you add your Favorite Block Blocks to the Flickr Group when they’re done! We want to see them!
- My Favorite Block Quilt Along
- Block 1, Free Form Log Cabin from Diane Lapacek
- Block 2, Road to Oklahoma from Amy’s Creative Side
- Block 3, Churn Dash from I’m A Ginger Monkey
- Block 4, Reflections from PamelaQuilts
- Block 5, Owl Block from Bea Quilter
- Block 6, Heart Block from For Quilts Sake
- Block 7, Leaf Block from Little Birdie Quilting
- Block 8, Wonky Star from Fiber of All Sorts
- Block 9, Strippy Spool from Persimon Dreams
- Block 10, Broken Pinwheels from FabricsNQuilts
- BONUS – Wonky Star with Free Form Log Cabin Border
- BONUS – Churn Dash Owl
- Flickr Group
- Twitter & Instagram hash tag #mfbqa
Share this Quilt Along by Grabbing My Button!